Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
• A compulsion to prove oneself
• Working harder
• Neglecting one’s own needs
• Displacement of conflicts (the person does not realize the root cause of the distress)
• Revision of values (friends or hobbies are completely dismissed)
• Denial of emerging problems (cynicism and aggression become apparent)
• Withdrawal (reducing social contacts to a minimum, becoming walled off; alcohol or other substance abuse may occur)
• Behavioral changes become obvious to others
• Depersonalization (life becomes a series of mechanical functions)
• Inner emptiness
If you are experiencing any of these as symptoms, then you are approaching burnout. You need to quickly retrace your steps. You are in this business because you want to own your life, and enjoy your life, don’t let anything stress you out. Don’t allow anything to wear you out emotionally. Change your game!
Here are a few tips on what you can do. …