Have you ever tried to advise someone who is not ready for your advice before? It’s usually frustrating. You can see the ditch right in front of them, but you cannot persuade them to take a detour. No matter how persistent the teacher is, if the inner student is not ready, their head will be like a coconut, refusing any sense to penetrate.
It is only when someone has reached a point of readiness in their personal growth journey, that they are naturally drawn to the right teachers, opportunities, and experiences that can accelerate their learning and development.
As a lifelong student myself, this idea makes me realize that learning doesn’t happen because there is a teacher, there can be teachers and no learning. True learning starts only once the inner student is ready to learn.
Are there things I can do to increase my inner readiness so that the students in me can be ready?
1. Open-Mindedness: Approach new experiences and ideas with an open mind. Be willing to consider perspectives different from your own and embrace the possibility of change and growth.
2. Curiosity: Cultivate a sense of curiosity about the world and your own potential. Ask questions, explore new subjects, and seek out knowledge that intrigues you.
3. Set Clear Intentions: Define your goals and intentions clearly. When you have a clear sense of what you want to achieve, you’re more likely to recognize opportunities that align with your readiness.
4. Letting Go of Control: Understand that not everything is within your control. Practice letting go of rigid expectations and being open to unexpected opportunities and outcomes.
5. Seek Inspiration: Surround yourself with inspiring content, whether it’s books, podcasts, videos, or people who uplift and motivate you to grow.
6. Practice Patience: Growth is a gradual process. Practice patience and avoid rushing the journey. Trust that your inner readiness will align with the right opportunities when the time is right. Those who believe do not make haste.
Are you hungry for growth? Do you have a desire to become better? Are you hungry for opportunities? The teachers are all around you, patiently waiting for the student in you to be awake.