Don’t love the world’s ways. Don’t love the world’s goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world—wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important—has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from him. The world and all its wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out—but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity – 1 John 2:15-17
- In a world where, what God’s word defines as “what chokes up the love of the father” is the standard message focus even in church, why won’t the Bible be boring?
- Don’t love the worlds goods: Sounds like simple instructions, but mehn that Range Rover is divine! Have you seen my latest xyz, my new house? We don’t only love the worlds goods, we are even infatuated by them. Why won’t God’s word be boring. Why will there be any love for the father?
- Wanting you own way: When was the last time you really didn’t want anything from God? When was the last time your primary concern was God, God’s will and demonstrating that you love God by obeying His commandments? Don’t you really want you way? How won’t the bible be boring?
- Wanting everything for yourself: What are the contents of your prayer point? Are you not wanting all you can get from God? When you are so occupied with what you can get, why will the Bible not be boring?
- Wanting to appear important: This has been getting man’s attention since the garden of Eden. Do you want to appear important? Aren’t you really just doing what everyone is doing in the world to gain some stature and prestige? Do you not care who gets the glory for your efforts? Why will the Bible not be boring?
The love of the world, chokes the love for the father. The more worldly your pursuits, the more worldly the messages you feed on, the more boring the bible would be to you. You need to change that diet!
There is a 40 day bible study and health challenge I’m doing on whatsapp with a few people. You can add me on Whatsapp: 08037228919, send me 40 days and your name, so I can save and add you to the group.
On Sunday at Heaven’s Citizen’s Christian Centre, we will be talking about an interesting topic every believer should listen to – “You are what you eat”