I observed recently that there are many misconceptions about a number of things surrounding me, and I’ve been wondering how I’ll resolve them. Silence they say is the only requirement required for the wrong information to own the airwaves. I have decided to do justice to this misconceptions, by offering the public the benefit of my side of the story. Sure some people will read what I have to say, and still stick with their believes, and many will read and go… “aha”, for those many, it’s all worth all the pains involved in penning them down.
I understand well that there is only two categories of people that don’t get bad publicity, the people that are dead, and the people that are doing nothing. Thankfully, I am alive and busy, and capable of explaining my side of these stories.
Please find below some of these misconceptions and the truth.
1. When people browse www.deoluakinyemi.com, I make money! This is not true! Someone actually called me one morning and told me that she was helping me make money. “How?” I asked, and she responded that she was told that when people browse my site, they are helping me make money. I explained to her that even though this was not a bad thing, in my own case it was far from the truth. I have no google adsense on my site, and if I had it I would have been making a lot of decent income based on the traffic, but I don’t. When people come to my site, except they decide to donate money to my bank account, I earn absolutely nothing. I have kept this site running for over 2yrs now, on the steam of my desire to add value, to make people better, to invest in young people, to be a blessing. When you come to read, you gain, and I don’t lose. If you send me money too, I’ll not reject it.
2. New Nigeria Club is an MLM! This is not true! A friend came to my office today and told me he thought that NNC was an MLM and that was why he hadn’t joined. I went on to explain things to him, that we are actually a club with a vision of joining hand to create a New Nigeria. I explained to him how we are organized to achieve our objectives, and the opportunities we have created for members as a way of making nation building a win-win proposition. I explained to him why the reward system, and how it was possible to gain so much value without a dime of reward. When he heard the ideology behind things, what we had done so far, the registration history of the club and all… he was awed, signed on, and assured me that he has become an ambassador for the Club.
3. Adeolu Akinyemi is the first signup in NNC and he must have cycled out like 5 times already! This is not true! I am not the first signup, a number of charity positions are, and I haven’t cycled out yet. This is the slowest I have ever been on any reward program I have been active in, in more complex and more demanding reward programs it took me less than 10days to get the ultimate price. In NNC however, I have been so busy making sure that things work, that I have been assisting others more than marketing personally. Quite a good number of people have however cycled out apart from the charity slots. However, without getting the ultimate reward, within my 5 weeks in the club, by taking advantage of the Land Deal 1, I have made a profit of N2,000,000 on profit from the land deal alone. Even if I cycled twice, I wouldn’t have made so much. The deals is where the opportunity is, reward is for people who want to help us with marketing this laudable project. I have also spent millions of my own personal money in making sure that things are balanced for the club in it’s early days.
4. DSCommunity and PECT are subsidiaries of Generis Solutions! This is not true! Many people assume that since DSCommunity operated out of our office for the 6 months we supported them with office space, internet and receptionist it means that they are subsidiaries. They are not. They are only another company we decided to help succeed by providing them with office services solutions at a price. They were coming from Delta, and the needed some support in Lagos that we provided. The relationship worked well, while it lasted and they are safely in their own office now. Someone actually came to the office yesterday to tell me that he believes that we are shareholders in the company and that was his basis for wanting to invest in the company and it’s projects. We are not shareholders neither are we directors. We also are yet to buy any of the products of the company. If you want to buy into any of the products, do your research and don’t buy on the merit of any association.
5. From afar… Generis Solutions is an all serious, focused and work centered company with no play or fun. From very close, what are those guys into… they just gather to have fun, and are doing or selling nothing. This is not true! It’s actually interesting that we have two completely opposite perspectives from people. Well guess they should all meet themselves and sort it out. On one hand, we all strive to achieve 80% of our daily to do list everyday, and are diligent about measuring it. On the other hand, we have celebrated something or the other more than 5 times in the last 1 month. It’s simply amazing as there seems to be someone celebrating something and inviting everybody else every week.
6. Adeolu Akinyemi is…… there are so many others I encounter from time to time and it amazes me. I’ve met people who were shocked that only one person manages and writes all the information on this site. I have met some who expect me to be a giant of some sort. I have also met those who felt there was going to be a lot of ceremony and protocols involved in meeting me. I have met those who thought I was much older, shorter hair, e.t.c. I am a simple, future focused, fun loving, wife loving, children loving happy young man that God has blessed, and where I am today… is the lowest I’ll ever be.