Matt 10 offers and exciting narrative, amazing insights.
1. He says he’s sending us like sheep into the midst of wolves. Matt10:16
2. He makes us aware “for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues” Matt 10:17
3. He tells us “you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved” Matt 10:22
4. He commands – “When they persecute you in this city, flee to another”, go from persecution to persecution Matt 10:23
5. He let’s us know that they can’t treat us better than they treated him. He was crucified. What are our options? Matt 10:24, 25
6. Then this one is the last stray that breaks the camel’s back. Jesus tells to his disciples, don’t be afraid, the worst that can happen to you is that they’ll kill you, but you know, you have eternity so no big deal
Matt 10:27, 28
You really want a trouble free life, free of challenges and persecution? Stay away from Jesus and his Commandments! He doesn’t mince words about the fate of his disciples. These are the fate of disciples, but Christians have no problem, they just need to keep gathering twice a week, and wear the church logo.