On the first ever Easter Monday, the Bible has an interesting narration!
“Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’’ – Luke 24:1-7
Has Easter changed much? Let’s look at the key observations and lessons.
1. A company of women came to the tomb with spices prepared to take care of the Body of Christ. Today in many worship centers around the world today, majority of the people who would be gathering around the Body of Jesus Christ with nice exotic perfumes will be women. Women have capacity for loyal love. When men are done, women are still going.
2. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb and they went in. Many many years ago and in few locations today, worship is not easily accessible. There are nations where people are still killed or ostracized for their faith in Jesus, but today many places where Jesus body could be found are open and easy to access. The stone has been rolled away.
3. They did not find the body of the Lord Jesus, they were greatly perplexed, but then they had an angelic instruction – “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He’s not here, but is risen! Unfortunately, many go to many worship centers to look for Jesus today – the truth is, He’s not there. How do I know? Jesus clearly foretold, that many will say He’s here, he’s there – don’t let anyone deceive you. “”So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.” – Matt 24:26. Jesus Christ is not best represented by tombs no matter how rich and grandiose they look. Christ is in you, as you are in Christ. Stop looking for your Jesus in tombs and cathedrals, he is no longer there.
4. They were reminded to remember how Jesus spoke and foretold all that would happen to Him. Do you remember the words of Jesus! The time has come and now is, where true worshippers worship the father in spirit and in truth. Such does the father seek. Jesus is risen! He’s no longer tied down to any physical location. He’s seated in the heavenly places from which he runs the universe through His called out ones. Remember that he says if we abide in Him, he will abide in us. That we would be his own habitation and certainly not tombs. Remember – we don’t know the church any of Jesus disciples attended, we only know they were disciples. As you celebrate Jesus today, celebrate that there are no more walls and Jesus is risen!
5. He is risen! In that rise lies our hope of eternal life. In that rise lies our new life in Christ and death of our flesh. In that rise was the end of all the sham power of the devil and his team of fallen angels. In that rise is all our Hope – it made him the first in the parade of those who will never see death. That rise marked the end of death as an end! He is risen.
May you see Jesus today! May you be looking where he can be found! May your eyes behold him as in a mirror and may you be transformed into His likeness by the spirit of God. Amen.
Still interested in joining me for a 40 days Bible Challenge starting soon? Simply add my whatsapp and send me your names and interest in 40 days disciples and challenge.