This year has been a great year for me, I have learnt more this year, than I have in the past years put together. I have grown and matured more this year, than all my years. It’s been wonderful for me. Don’t get me wrong this year surely had it’s rough and tough times, but each experience this year, has left me a better, more capable and wiser person. It’s really difficult for me to rank the things I have learnt this year, but I’m documenting the first ten that come to mind. Some of them may sound hard, don’t discard them because the student in you is not ready, or because you do not presently agree with them. File them away, time may tell.
1. I have learnt that the most important opinion about the direction one’s life goes is shared by one’s self and one’s creator. If I get it right with these two, I really do not need to a second opinion. Any consultation that moves you in a different direction from what you have aligned is the right direction for you shouldn’t count.
2. I have learnt that when one moves confidently in the direction of one’s dreams and resolves not to take any detour, sooner than later, one gets lucky.
3. I have learnt that failure is an essential ingredient in the receipy of success. Until failure is encountered at times, the student in one is never ready. There is so much information that floods ones mind that are useless until one is ready.
4. I have learnt that when a man lacks a plan B, his energies and indeed all his faculties are focused at achieving plan A. More often than not, he/she achieves his dreams.
5. I have learnt that in business, a good network gets you the opportunity, while good skills keep you on the job. Who knows you and for what, is more important than what you know. I have learnt that new friendships are a sign of new possibilities.
6. I have learnt that the best business ideas are the ones that utilize the equivalent of 2 loaves and 5 fishes to feed 5000 people. A great business idea is one that one steps into without having to source for funds or skills. If you idea requires more than you have, check it, it’s not a creative idea, it’s a competitive.
7. I have learnt that the best time to be happy is now. I have learnt that it is not good to postpone my happiness, joy and excitement into a future I may not be in. I have learnt to be happy today. To do the things I love, and love the things I do.
8. I have learnt that consistency works wonders.
9. I have learnt that there is a sure way of becoming wealthy. That it is possible to teach someone principles that if he/she adheres to, can make the person rich with certainty.
10. I have learnt that patience is not inactivity, but that patience is not seeking alternative directions or quitting when it seems that what one is doing isn’t working. Patience is the ability to confidently continue what you know will work, modifying your approach as you go.
What is your most outstanding lesson this year, and what is your learning objective for next year?
A lot more lessons are available here