Geniuses are born and made. Just like our lives, it’s partly what hands we were dealt, and partly what we do with the hands. People are not geniuses purely because their parents are, anyone can make the best of the hands they are dealt.
If you still hope to be alive for 5 more years, then it’s not too late to awaken the genius in yourself. Everyone has a spark of creativity or originality in them, and usually, it’s lying there waiting to be discovered. Some people are so blessed that they fail at enough things to quickly discover the things they are good at, some others however are good at so many things, that it can be quite a task unveiling the real genius in them. Whatever the case, where there is life, there is hope.
If you think you are passed the clock, you can concentrate on helping the next generation. If you still have some hope for yourself, however, you can apply the same to yourself.
I have a few young ones at home, and every day I see the genius in them. Here are a few things you can do to contribute to the genius pool.
1. Encourage Curiosity: Foster an environment that nurtures a child’s natural curiosity. Provide opportunities for exploration, hands-on learning, and exposure to a wide range of subjects.
2. Support Individual Interests: Pay attention to your child’s interests and passions. Encourage them to delve deeper into subjects that captivate their imagination, allowing their innate genius to flourish.
3. Embrace Failure: Teach children that failure is a stepping stone to success. Genius often emerges through persistence and learning from mistakes. Encourage resilience and a growth mindset.
4. Promote Critical Thinking: Encourage your child to question, analyze, and think critically. Engage in meaningful discussions, problem-solving activities, and open-ended questions stimulating their intellect.
5. Cultivate a Creative Environment: Provide access to artistic materials, books, music, and opportunities for creative expression. Genius frequently thrives in the realm of imagination and innovation.
To awaken the genius in one’s children is to recognize and cultivate their unique potential, offering them the tools, opportunities, and support needed to flourish intellectually and creatively. Every child possesses the spark of genius waiting to be ignited with the right nurturing and encouragement.