Yesterday night, I was in Ibadan. I went to address a group of about 500+ enthusiastic students who wanted to know about “Christianity and Finance”. I went in the company of two trusted friends, Deji Olatunde and Tope Ogunfayo. I wondered in my heart whether these students were ready for what they asked me to come talk to them about. I titled my presentation the combination(or key) that opens the vault. I also appealed to them to write down what they heard for two reasons.
1. The shortest pencil is longer than the longest memory.
2. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. When the student is not ready, he/she should take notes, because we can all look and not all see.
There is a sequence of activities that if gotten right can make anybody rich. This is the combination or key. This combination opens the vault of financial abundance.
The first thing that needs to be cleared are the wrong assumptions many people make about this combination. It will be well in order to clear these assumptions first.
1. The combination or key to getting wealthy does not require unnecessary struggle. If you need to struggle hard to open a door with a key or combination, its either the key is wrong or the door is wrong. This reminds me of an assessment that was done for some mad men in lagos. They were all put together in an open field and a door was put in the center of the field to stand alone. Ofcourse there was open space to the right and left of the door, so really it wasn’t a necessary door. The mad men where released, and all gathered and queued up in front of the door except one. The assessors were not surprised about this behaviour, after all, they were all supposed to be out of their senses, what caught their attention was the man who did not join the queue. They approached him and asked him the reason why he had not joined the queue but was rather smiling and shaking his head. He smiled and informed them that he was sitting back and pitying his colleagues. “Why”, they asked him. He responded that the key to that door was in his pocket 🙂 and none could go anywhere without him. If your key is right and the door is right, the door will open with ease.
2. The door responds to keys, not to keyholders. Your religion, personality or need does not drive wealth towards you. It’s doing things the right way that does. It doesn’t matter who you are, what matters is what you do. You are not likely to open the door because you are shorter, fairer, bigger, better or luckier. There are rich people in all categories, and ofcourse poor in all as well.
3. The door of wealth doesn’t answer to a master key. Anyhow is the method of lazy bones. It’s not like any of those bags that open with “0000”, you need to get the combination right.
4. The combination that opens the vaults is not like lotto. In lotto, if you get 3 out of 7 numbers right, you can still win some money. Not here. No matter how consistent with doing 3 steps out of 4, the vaults will not open. Be the best person in the world, give your eyes to the blind as a gift, pay your spiritual obligations, if you don’t have value that you add, you won’t be rich. Life rewards performance not rehearsals, life rewards finishes not attempts.
5. Spiritual seeds will give birth to spiritual fruit. Physical seeds will give birth to physical fruit. The people that get a hundred fold of increase on what they sowed are people that sowed it physically. If you have no seed to put into the earth, nothing will come from the earth to you. Spiritual blessings are multipliers and believe me 1,000,000 multiplies zero to its own hurt.
There are 7 items in this combination, and believe me, it took the student in me being ready to know and understand them. If you are interested, stay tuned, and certainly if you are not interested…thats one of the sure ways not to be wealthy.