Do you have a mentor? Should you?
Mentorship is so valuable, I don’t know how people exist without it. Many times, I have some thoughts and ideas, and it’s just so refreshing to speak to someone who has had similar experiences to guide me with the benefit of their own process. Truly, in the multitude of counselors, there is safety. We may not have sufficient counsel, we really can’t have too much.
I recall many years ago when I wanted to follow God’s leading and indeed my heart into abandoning my well-paying job for entrepreneurship. What helped me was mentorship. When I was getting confused about entrepreneurship and considered going back to paid employment, what helped me navigate was mentorship. At different junctions in my life journey even today, I have realized that the life that can be lived without stress or too much effort is the one that enjoys some guidance.
Here are many benefits of mentorship.
1. The opportunity for knowledge transfer – You can know what took your mentor 10 years to know in 1hr.
2. Pointing you in the right skill direction – A mentor can point you to skills you need to pick up and develop
3. Feedback and Critique: Honest feedback from a mentor can help you identify blind spots and address weaknesses constructively.
4. Accountability: Having a mentor can hold you accountable for your actions, encouraging you to stay on track and follow through.
5. Different Perspectives: A mentor brings an external perspective, offering insights and ideas you might not have considered.
Do you need a mentor? Are you in that stage of your business or career where the answers don’t seem to be in a textbook? There is certainly more to learn on this topic. How do I leverage my mentor to achieve more? How do I benefit from a mentorship relationship? Who has benefited from mentorship and how did it work?
Until then, if you are a student of any higher institution and are interested in having a mentor, there is an opportunity you don’t want to pass up on. Apply on the link below for FREE
It’s free for the 46 Shortlisted Students.
Shortlisted enrolees will be contacted.