It’s absurd sometimes when people say Mungo Park discovered the river Niger, does it not? River Nigeria wasn’t waiting to be discovered, neither did Mungo Park drop from the skies into River Niger to discover it, there were people who took him there. So, Mungo Park discovered River Niger without being the first person to get there. How? Documentation.
There are many aspects of our lives that can gain significant value from documenting. We can document our dreams, our plans, our achievements and even answers to prayers.
Documenting your dreams, plans, and achievements has numerous benefits. Some of the benefits are:
- Clarity and Focus: Writing down your dreams and plans can help clarify your goals and give you a better understanding of what you want to achieve. By documenting your achievements, you can also see how far you’ve come and what you’ve accomplished.
- Accountability: When you write down your goals and plans, you make a commitment to yourself to work towards them. By reviewing your progress regularly, you can hold yourself accountable and stay on track.
- Motivation: Documenting your achievements can be a great source of motivation. Seeing how far you’ve come and the progress you’ve made can give you the motivation to keep pushing towards your goals. Remember, write the vision and make it plain so that he that reads it can run! Documenting motivates.
- Memory Enhancement: Writing down your dreams and plans can help you remember them better. When you document your achievements, you create a record of your successes that you can refer back to in the future.
- Self-reflection: Writing down your thoughts and feelings about your dreams, plans, and achievements can help you gain insight into yourself and your values. You can use this insight to make adjustments and improve your life.
- Inspiration: Documenting your achievements can inspire others to pursue their own dreams and goals. By sharing your successes and the steps you took to achieve them, you can motivate and encourage others to take action.
- Realise God’s goodness: Many times, the reason why we are not more grateful than we are is because we are not counting our blessings. Someone like George Muller was able to document in his diary 50,000 prayer requests that were answered. That’s a really big number, but those of you who never document what God is doing in their lives are not likely to remember the things He did.
In summary, documenting your dreams, plans, and achievements can help you gain clarity, stay focused, hold yourself accountable, stay motivated, enhance your memory, gain self-awareness, and inspire others.