We did nothing to qualify for salvation, that is the nature of saving grace. We are however saved by faith unto good works prepared for us and that we were prepared for.
It’s like getting a job without merit, but relying on the training available in the company to do the work by merit.
There is a bank account type in Heaven. There are simple ways to open the account, fund the account and even debit the account.
1. Registration into Heaven’s Identity File: All the names of those who will be saved by Jesus were already written in the Book of life before the foundation of the world. (Rev 17:8). God foreknew us, predestined us, and chose us to be holy and without blame before him in love before the foundation of the world (Eph 1:4, 2 Tim 1:9). If this is too much for your mind to comprehend, let me simplify it for you. God exists beyond the boundaries of time, so before or after has no angle on Him. Whenever He wrote it is before the foundation of the world and time. Your name becomes written in time at your acceptance by faith of Jesus’ Lordship.
2. Issuing of ID: The fact that your name is on heaven’s database however does not mean you need to be idle. It is those who overcome that will not be blotted out! (Rev 3:5). Your name gets printed in ink when you become a laborer. (Phil 4:3, Luke 10:20)
3. Account Opening: When Jesus gives you an instruction and you obey, your account is opened with a balance. Genuine acts of service, benevolence to the poor, trading what you have and giving to the poor. These are all obedience in response to God’s instructions. (Matt 10:42, Matt 19:16-30)
4. Small Alert: Your deeds of obedience. These are the same level with the account opening balance. You are rewarded for your works. Matt 16:27
5. Major Alert: When you suffer persecution or people speak ill of you for Christ’s sake your account is credited.(Matt 5:12, Luke 6:22-23). There are four levels of this alert. A. People will hate you. B. People will separate from you. C. People will reproach you. D. People will cast your good name as evil.
6. Alert and Recognition: Soul Winning and Discipleship. He that wins a soul is wise, true riches is the soul of men which is worth more than the entire world (Mark 8:36). Those that turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever (Daniel 12:3).
7. Leadership: Those who endure and suffer with and for Christ, will reign with him. (2 Tim 2:12, Phil 1:29, Phil 3:10)
8. Debit: When you follow false prophets and teachers, your account is debited. (2 John 1:8).
9. Account Closure: Some argue that this account once opened cannot be closed. I believe what many confuse it, is the timeless nature of God. Once this account is closed, it means it was never really opened (1 John 2:19). 1 Tim 1:9, 2 Pet 2:20-22 makes us know that people can overdraw their accounts and ultimately make a shipwreck of their faith. Rev 3:5 also shows that there is an option of being blotted out of the book of life.
We certainly will not be on the same level in eternity, not for a while, eternity. All those who cross over from this side of eternity to the next will live eternally with the realities of the lives they lived today.
NB: If you are interested in joining a Bible Study discipleship group Add